Service update: Careline is continues to operate. All routine follow-up visit will now be conducted by phone. Careline's fall responder service is also operating a normal service.
This change in response to the Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) social distancing and essential services only requirements. In line with national policy, we have adjusted our normal working practices and service delivery until further notice. The majority of our services remain operational and we are prioritising vulnerable residents.
View an overview of our council service updates
Careline is a community alarm service that allows you to live independently in your own home, safe in the knowledge that help is available at the touch of a button.
Careline consists of an alarm unit that is installed in your home together with an alarm button that can be worn discreetly around your neck or on your wrist. It also supports a range of telecare sensors for a complete peace of mind.
Careline offers customers:
- freedom and independence
- confidence and security at home
- help at the touch of a button
- care and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- links with NHS, adult social services and other care providers
- regular visits from Careline staff
- no hidden costs with free installation and servicing
- quality assurance
- a no obligation demonstration
- a free 6-week trial for all residents of Woking borough.
Careline consists of an alarm unit that is installed in your home together with an alarm button that can be worn discreetly around your neck or on your wrist.
Careline costs from £4.27 per week which pays for:
- the alarm unit
- the alarm button (worn as a pendant or on a wristband)
- 24-hour monitoring.
Discounts are available for people in receipt of means tested benefits.
Contact us to arrange a free, no obligation demonstration.
Phone: 01483 743 647