Have your say on the council's future priorities

Residents are invited to help us decide where to focus our resources over the next five years. Take part by attending one of our roadshows being held across the borough.

Find out more

Street licensing responsibilities

We are responsible for issuing licences for works or activities that take place within Woking town centre only. Our map  shows you the boundaries of the town centre.

Follow these links to apply for a licence: 

  • building materials on the highway
  • cranes, equipment or other machinery on the highway
  • scaffolding and hoarding on the highway
  • skips on the highway
  • tables and chairs on the pavement
  • temporary bus stop suspension
  • temporary road closures
  • temporary traffic signals
  • traffic management permits .

Please note you may also need to register with us before applying for your licence. 

Other licences

For all other street licences and to carry out works outside of the town centre, you must apply to Surrey County Council.

Other requests

Email our engineering team if you want to:

  • request temporary or new signs
  • plant trees on the highway
  • hold public events on the highway
  • create a vehicle crossover (dropped kerb).

Email: town.centre@woking.gov.uk