Construction work to create a contemporary public plaza, highway improvements and commercial amenities transforming part of Woking town centre’s business district is underway.
Built in 1986, Dukes Court was viewed as a symbol of Woking’s economic growth, offering 220,000 sq. ft. of premium office accommodation. These works will ensure Dukes Court will continue to play an important role in the town’s future.
- New landscaped pedestrianised public plaza along Duke Street, between the junctions with Locke Way and The Broadway, creating a pleasant, welcoming open space for tenants and members of the public to enjoy.
- New restaurant with piazza for external seating, green roof and living wall screens. , whilst a huge living wall helping to improve air quality by trapping and capturing pollutants,
- Living ‘green’ wall installed on Dukes Court central core helping to improve air quality by trapping air pollutants.
- New signage and pedestrian routes which will enhance the visitor experience.
- Relocation of main vehicle entrance from Dukes Street to Stanley Road
- Maybury Road, Stanley Road and The Broadway junctions improvements.
Take a tour of Dukes Court Plaza
Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-November, with works conducted in phases to minimise disruption.
Phase 1: November 2019 – August 2020
- Site clearance and drainage works
- Commence construction of restaurant.
- Resurface parts of Duke Street, Locke Way and Chertsey Road.
- Resurface pedestrian footways with grey granite block paving already used to great affect across the town centre.
- Create new drop-off/pick-up area outside Dukes Court main entrance.
- Create five new disabled parking bays on Duke Street.
Phase 2: May 2020 – January 2021
- Close Duke Street from junction with Locke Way and The Broadway.
- Site clearance and drainage works outside Elizabeth House.
- Remove existing highway surface to enable landscaping works for pedestrianised plaza.
- Install living ‘green’ wall on Dukes Court central core (September 2020 – November 2020).
Completion is expected early 2021.
If you have any queries regarding this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org