New for 2020, the council has partnered with multi-award winning choir leader, Emily Bollon, to bring a new motivational singing group to Woking.
Woking’s new community choir is looking forward to welcoming singers of all ages, abilities and experience and is offering two free taster sessions during January. The regular weekly sessions will take place at Moorcroft Centre for the Community in Westfield at 11am. For a taste of what you can expect, drop-in on Wednesday 22 and Wednesday 29 January. Sessions are £3 thereafter.
Singing is great for your physical and mental wellbeing helping to relieve stress and connecting people through shared experience.
Woking's new community choir:
- is open to singers of all abilities
- will develop your confidence and passion for singing
- practices a variety of rock, pop and gospel songs
- uses the verbal 'call and response' method of teaching (no need to read music)
- is informal, sociable and welcomes new singers any time
- allows you to simply 'pay and sing', £3 per session
- is part of the Motivation by Music choir network giving you the chance to perform and take your singing further if you want to
Parking at Moorcroft is limited but the number 34 bus stops right outside the centre on Westfield Road.