Service update: In response to the Government's Coronavirus social distancing requirements the choir is singing together online. Members are sent a link via email which enables them to join the choir online. To become a new member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
View the choir's virtual performance of 'make your own kind of music' recorded during the Coronavirus pandemic.
View other council service updates
We are delighted to be working with multi-award winning choir leader, Emily Bollon, to bring you this motivational singing group suitable for singers of all abilities.
Date and time
The hour-long sessions take place every Wednesday, 12pm at Moorcroft Centre for the Community in Westfield.
Sessions cost £3 and you can pay as you go.
Free taster session
New singers are welcome at any time. For a taste of what you can expect, simply drop-in on Wednesday at 12 noon. There's no cost and no obligation. Watch, listen and if you feel confident enough, join in!
Sing for fun, sing for health
Singing is great for your physical and mental wellbeing, helping to relieve stress through presence of mind and connecting people through shared experience.
Woking's new community choir:
- is open to singers of all abilities
- will develop your confidence and passion for singing
- practices a variety of rock, pop and gospel songs
- uses the verbal 'call and response' method of teaching (no need to read music)
- is informal, sociable and welcomes new singers
- allows you to simply 'pay and sing', £3 per session
- is part of the Motivation by Music choir network giving you the chance to perform and take your singing further if you want to.
Phone: 01483 743 696