Global phenomenon TEDx is returning to Woking on Friday 30 November.
Partnered with award-winning local IT support and managed services company - ramsac – TEDxWoking brings together a morning of engaging speakers and TED videos, this year under the theme 'Discovery'.
Local experts in their field will be welcomed to the stage to spark deep discussion on diverse topics including: Eating the World – how our food is the gravest threat to life on Earth; and Self Discovery – the real legal high.
Speaking at TEDxWoking 2018
- Fintan Galvin, CEO at Invotra: Discovering Artificial Intelligence – in AI we trust.
- Tony Juniper, Executive Director of Advocacy and Campaigns, at WWF-UK: Eating the World – how our food is the gravest threat to life on earth.
- Jean Loeillet, Senior User Experience/User Interface Designer at McLaren Automotive: Discover how we create the future in-car User Interface.
- Susie Maguire is a speaker, author, consultant, cheerleader and adventurer: What if … Wonderful?
- Cindy Rampersaud, Senior Vice President of BTEC and Apprenticeships: Is technological discovery central to supporting the education ecosystem of the future – from cradle to grave?
- Ian Windle, Vistage Group Chair and Leadership Speaker: Self Discovery – The real legal high.
Cllr Kevin Davis, Woking Borough Council’s Portfolio Holder for Promoting the Local Economy, said: “We are very proud that Woking will once again play host to one of the world’s most inspiring community initiatives.
“Woking is full of aspirational people with big ideas and TEDxWoking is a great reflection of this talent and drive. As word spreads that this prestigious event is returning, tickets are expected to sell quickly, so I encourage anyone who wants to expand their horizons and hear new ideas, to secure their place in the audience now.”
The event will be held in the awe-inspiring surroundings of WWF-UK’s Living Planet Centre, easily accessible via Woking Town Centre.
To be part of TEDxWoking, please visit www.wokingworks.com to purchase tickets. Please note that seats are limited at this exciting and popular event, so book soon to avoid disappointment.