At last night's Number 10 Downing Street briefing the Health Secretary provided a national overview of the need to carry out community surge testing in parts of the country where the South African COVID-19 variant had been detected with no travel links.
Local authorities in each of the affected areas have been tasked with carrying out the testing and residents should continue to check the council website for details of the roll-out in Woking.
- The selected testing area within Woking will take place in parts of Goldsworth Park, St Johns and Knaphill.
- Households identified within the selected area of the GU21 postcode – shown on a map and highlighted by a red line – will receive home testing kits delivered to you doorstep.
- We are currently only testing residents in the affected area who are 18 years and over.
- Everyone in the borough needs to stay home, unless they cannot work from home, as per the national lockdown restrictions, introduced on 4 January. These requirements have not changed.
- Residents inside of the testing area and wider GU21 postcode do not need to self-isolate unless they have symptoms, have tested positive for Coronavirus, or been in contact with someone who has the virus.