People who live, work or carry out their business in Hoe Valley can take part in a new six-week consultation starting on Monday (4 February 2019).
The Council is seeking views relating to the proposed creation of a Hoe Valley Neighbourhood Forum and a Hoe Valley Neighbourhood Area – the first steps towards developing a neighbourhood plan for the area.
Neighbourhood plans set out a vision for an area and gives communities the opportunity to shape and influence where development will go and what it will look like.
Hook Heath, Pyrford and West Byfleet neighbourhood areas already have adopted plans. These sit alongside the Borough's Development Plan Documents, such as Woking Core Strategy, helping to determine the outcome of planning applications within their respective areas.
How to take part in the consultation
Hoe Valley residents and other interested parties have until 5pm on Monday 18 March 2019 to submit their comments.
The application and supporting information is available for inspection as follows:
- online on the Council's Woking 2027 website
- in hard copy at both the Civic Offices and Woking Library.
Submitting your comments:
- Clearly state if you support or oppose the proposals, and if appropriate, please supply any supporting evidence.
- Please include your name and contact details.
- Comments can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing addressed to the Planning Policy Team, Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, GU21 6YL.
The proposal to create a Hoe Valley Neighbourhood Forum and Area, along with resident feedback, will be considered by elected members at Full Council on 4 April 2019. If the application is approved, it will enable the Hoe Valley Neighbourhood Forum to start the preparation of a neighbourhood plan for the neighbourhood area.