Our independent living schemes offer self contained accommodation for residents with identified support needs. It offers residents the following benefits to assist an independent life, including:
- an officer who visits as required (an additional fee is payable for this service)
- a 24 hour emergency community alarm service
- night time emergencies dealt with by a care centre
- communal facilities and optional activities
- lifts to aid access.
Residential or nursing home care is provided by Surrey County Council.
Who is eligible to apply for independent living schemes?
Residents with particular medical or social needs who require a level of support to retain their independence. For example, visits to monitor support needs.
Home support officers
Our home support officers provide can provide a support service for independent living residents from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. An additional fee is payable for this service.
Our officers can:
- monitor care plans to ensure an individual’s independence is maintained
- check on the health and wellbeing of residents on a regular basis
- access other services for residents, such as district nurses, GPs and social services home care packages
- offer short term support to residents who are unwell, such as providing a hot drink, preparing a snack meal or collecting a prescription
- report repairs where someone needs assistance
- help completing forms
- help organising social events at schemes, such as lunches, parties, coffee mornings, quizzes and bingo.
Our officers cannot provide help with the following:
- personal care, such as help with washing and dressing
- long term assistance*
- handle a resident’s financial affairs.
- administer drugs or medication of any kind.
* Assistance can be provided for people who are ill for a short time. Other support, such as ‘home care’, will be required if more permanent care is required.
Independent living schemes for higher needs
We run nine independent living schemes in Woking which are suited to residents with higher medical or social needs. These are:
- Bridge Court, Horsell
- Broadway House, Knaphill
- Stream Close, Byfleet
- Sutton Avenue, St. Johns
- Vale House, Central Woking
- Shires House, Byfleet
- Nightingale Court, St Johns
- Priors Croft, Old Woking
- Nottingham Court, St Johns
All schemes include lifts, common rooms for activities and laundry facilities.
Independent living schemes for lower needs
We also run four independent living schemes in Woking which are suited to residents with lower medical or social needs. These are:
- Hartshill Walk, Lakeview
- Cobbetts Close, Lakeview
- Ferney Court, Byfleet
- Wesco Court, Maybury
All schemes include common rooms for activities and laundry facilities, but no lift access.
For more information or to apply to register for accommodation, contact our housing support team.
Tel: 01483 743 833