Service update: Our housing needs team are still managing phone calls, letters and emails. We will endeavour to deal with enquiries as quickly as possible. However, we may not be unable to respond to customer emails within our published timescales and we ask you to be patient whilst we prioritise and process all incoming emails and requests.
Housing register applications are still being accepted and processed. We are happy to accept copies of the verification documents via email. These can be scanned or photographed with a smartphone. The images must show each page of the document and the content must be clearly visible. We recommend that all scans and photographs are high resolution in size. Documents must be sent with an accompanying email to: email@example.com
Until further notice, we have suspended verification visits until further notice. Unfortunately, this may delay some allocations.
Many properties are still being allocated but there is a delay on repairs due to contractor staff shortages. Some removals are taking place, but only in very special circumstances.
For phone enquiries, please contact our housing needs team on 01483 743 833.
These changes are in response to the Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) social distancing and essential services only requirements. In line with national policy, we have adjusted our normal working practices and service delivery until further notice. The majority of our services remain operational and we are prioritising vulnerable residents.
View an overview of our council service updates
To apply to join the housing register please complete the online form below
Documents to submit with your application
You must provide all of the relevant documents when returning your completed application form to us.
- Proof of identity for all household members who need to be rehoused with you. Accepted documents include: valid passports, photo driving licences, and birth certificates. Copies will be accepted but the original documents will need to be seen before you are housed.
- Proof of your current address for all people listed on your housing register application. Accepted documents include a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Evidence of your household income, including any benefits received. We require copies of three consecutive months or five consecutive weekly payslips, or your benefits letters.
- Your most recent tenancy agreement.
- Your notice of eviction from your landlord.
- A letter outlining your access rights to the children listed in your housing register application.
- If you're pregnant or a person listed on your housing register application, you will need to provide proof of pregnancy. This can be a MAT B1 or a scan report.
- Proof that you no longer have a financial or legal interest in any previously owned properties and details of any equity received. Accepted document is the property completion statement.
- If you are not a British citizen, evidence of your right to reside in the UK. Accepted documents include a valid passport and other relevant documents provided by the Home Office.
- Proof of employment if you work in the Woking area but do not live in the borough.
All documents must be up to date and valid. Depending on your circumstances you may be asked to submit other documents to support your application.
Please note: If you do not provide us with the required documents, your application will be rejected.
You can contact us in one of the following ways.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 01483 743 833