Complaints privacy notice

Use of your personal data

In order to respond to complaints about services provided by the Council and its partners, we (Woking Borough Council) need to collect your personal data. If you do not provide the personal data we may not be able to respond to your complaint.
In order to deal with your complaint, your personal data might be shared with:

  • Councillors and the local MP
  • Freedom Leisure, if your complaint is about their leisure services
  • Serco, if your complaint is about parks and ground maintenance
  • Thameswey Group, if your complaint concerns the housing and energy services they provide on the Council’s behalf
  • If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

We will not share it with anyone else unless the law allows us to do so.

We will hold your personal data for no longer than seven years after your last correspondence with us. You can contact us to ask us to access or to rectify the personal data we have about you or to object to the processing of it.