In order to process your application for a property licence, we (Woking Borough Council) need to collect personal data about you, and if necessary:
- the proposed licensed holder, the manager of the property and the owner of the property (any of which may be you)
- the occupants of the property
- the freeholder, leaseholder or mortgage provider
- other signatories or interested parties.
We will use the personal data you are providing to process your application, enforce the terms of the licence and to consider the suspension or revocation of licences. If you choose not to provide the personal data we are asking for we may not be able to grant you a licence.
In order to provide these services, the personal data you are providing might be shared with:
- your landlord, letting agent or housing association, if you are a tenant
- your tenant(s), letting agent, housing association or mortgage provider, if you are a landlord
- your housing management and repairs contractor, if you have one
- our inventory services contractor
- neighbouring local authorities or Surrey County Council, if necessary
- bailiffs, debt collection agencies, the UK Border Agency or HM Courts, if necessary
- the emergency services, in the event of an emergency
- Idox, who host the computer system we use to administer housing standards work.
Please note that your name and address will be available on a public register. Unless the law allows us to do so, we will not use the personal data you are providing for any other purpose nor will we share the remainder of the personal data you are providing with any other external organisations.
The entirety of the personal data you are providing will be held for no longer than 13 years after your last licence expires or is revoked. You can ask us to access or to rectify the personal data we have about you by contacting us.