If you've spotted a swift this summer in the Woking area, please email us with the following information:
- location: either postcode, address or grid reference.
- date and time of sighting.
- type of sighting (choose from the following): flying high overhead, flying close to rooftops or nesting
- number of swifts counted.
If you have found a swift nest, please also include the following:
- nest aspect: north, south, east or west.
- building type: house, flats, church, school, industrial, office, other commercial or public building.
- building age: pre-1919, 1919 to 1944, 1945 to 1964, 1965 to 1979, 1980 to 1994, 1995 to 2009, after 2010, or uncertain.
If you've managed to take any photos of the swifts, we'd love to receive copies of these too.
Email your swift sightings to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our swift sightings map
Below is a map which records where residents have spotted swifts in Woking. During the summer months, you’ll have a good chance of spotting them in person by heading to these locations at dawn or dusk during the summer months.