Home2Home is a home relocation service designed to help elderly or vulnerable residents move out of accommodation that is no longer suited to their needs into housing that is more appropriate for them.
If you own your home and it is no longer suitable for you to live independently in, our Home2Home service can help you move to somewhere that better meets your needs.
You will receive support every step of the way, from selling your property to moving your belongings into your new home, and all the administrative tasks in between.
Who is eligible to apply for the Home2Home service?
The Home2Home scheme is aimed at Woking residents who would like to move into housing better suited to them but have no carers or family to help them.
What does the Home2Home service include?
Following an initial consultation to establish your needs, a relocation plan will be produced detailing how we can best support you.
After arranging the sale of your current home, we will assist you in identifying and viewing new properties appropriate for your needs. We will support you through the entire moving process, from sorting and decluttering your belongings to transporting and unpacking them at your new property.
As part of the Home2Home service, you will receive help and guidance with:
- selling your current property
- appointing estate agents, solicitors and financial advisors
- finding and viewing a new property or care facility to move into
- moving your belongings, including decluttering and organising removals
- registering with new healthcare services such as a GP, dentist and opticians
- managing associated paperwork such as changing your address, having your post forwarded and liaising with utilities
- advising on any disability adaptations required.
How much does the Home2Home service cost?
To speak to an officer and get an initial idea of costs, contact the home independence team.
To find out more or to register a self-referral, contact our home independence team.
Tel: 01483 743 987