Many organisations and charities, both local and national, are offering help and advice for coping with the cost of living.
Surrey County Council support service
If you are struggling with finances and need some immediate assistance, you can access support from Surrey County Council by:
- Visiting the Surrey County Council health and welfare online hub for help and support.
- Calling the Surrey County Council community helpline team on 0300 200 1008, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Other local charities offering support and advice
- Citizens Advice Woking is the local branch of the national charity. It provides clients with free, confidential and independent general advice. Its well-qualified volunteer force has undertaken nationally recognised training to guide clients through their problems, providing them with options to help make difficult decisions.
- The Lighthouse is a local charity running a range of community support projects, including a foodbank and money advice.
- Age UK Surrey offers a range of services and advice for senior residents.
- MASCOT serves the Sheerwater and Maybury communities with an array of support options locally including Citizens Advice sessions and Woking Foodbank.
- Catalyst offers mental health and wellbeing support, including counselling.
- Mindworks is a mental health and wellbeing service for children and young people in Surrey. The service available to those aged between 0 and 19 years.