Small businesses can get the following relief:
- If rateable value is £12,000 or below, relief is 100% and you do not need to pay business rates.
- If rateable value is between £12,001 and £15,000, relief goes down gradually from 100% at £12,000 to 0% at £15,000.
- If rateable value is between £15,001 to £50,999, rates are calculated using the lower small business multiplier.
Report a change in your circumstances
If you’re receiving small business rates relief from us, you need to let us know:
- if you occupy more than one property
- if the rateable value of any property you occupy outside our local borough goes up.