In order to assess your eligibility for Housing Benefit, administer payments, process overpayment refunds and prevent and detect fraud, we need to use some of your personal data. In the process, it might be shared with:
- Government departments and agencies
- IT software providers who we use to store your personal data
- The National Fraud Initiative
- A printing company, who we use to print your Benefit award letter
- Surrey County Council, who collect and match information about potentially vulnerable people
- HM Courts, solicitors, tracing agencies, credit agencies, enforcement agents and insolvency practitioners
This list is not exhaustive – other organisations may receive your personal data if the law allows us to do so. We will hold your personal data for no longer than 7 years after your last payment. You can ask us to access or to rectify the personal data we have about you by contacting us.
Please see woking.gov.uk/dataprotection for more details.