Responsibility for looking after the different aspects of street care in Woking Borough is shared between Woking Borough Council and Surrey County Council.
The list below seeks to clarify which organisation is responsible for what service.
Woking Borough Council and its partner, Serco, are responsible for:
- street cleaning
- maintaining borough boundary signs
- looking after some bus shelters
- maintaining and replacing street name plates
- street naming and numbering
- maintaining bicycle stands
- maintaining Woking Borough lights
Surrey County Council is responsible for:
- issues relating to bicycle routes and lanes
- street lighting
- rights of way
road safety, roadworks, maintenance, surfacing, potholes, salting/gritting, bridges and structures, management of our highway asset and policy.
If you are unsure of which organisation to contact, please check the A to Z of services or phone the Borough Council on 01483 755855.