Our car park charter and additional information
For public car parks, run by Woking Borough Council we will ensure that:
- All town centre multi-storey car parks are cleaned at least every weekday and on Saturdays
- At least 98% of all lights in the car parks are working as required at all times
- Lift emergencies will be attended within at most 3 minutes of the alarm sounding at all times when lifts are operational. Lift breakdowns will be put right by the next working day (except for major repairs)
- No ticket issuing machine or paystation will be out of order for more than 6 hours (except for major repairs)
- The charging policy, which encourages short term parking and is fair to drivers requiring all-day parking, is reviewed every year to ensure that it's achieving its objectives
- Parking charges are reviewed at least annually to ensure that they provide value for money and are competitive with parking charges at similar car parks elsewhere
- Applications for car park season tickets are processed within 5 working days of receiving them
- Car park regulations are enforced in the interests of all car park customers
- All town centre car parks are patrolled by parking inspectors at least twice daily on all weekdays and Saturdays to deter crime and vandalism. Season ticket only areas are patrolled at least 8 times a day
- A 24 hour help line is maintained at all times to enable customers to report any suspicions of criminal activity in the car parks and action taken on all calls received in less than 5 minutes of getting the call
- Car park customers are treated helpfully and courteously by staff at all times. Customer complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the Council's published complaints system
- Our customers are kept informed about matters affecting the car park service and are consulted regularly about service issues
For further information email email@example.com or call 01483 755855.
- Visitors to Woking are advised to park in the off-street car parks. The high standard in particular at Victoria Way, The Peacocks, Toys R Us and Wolsey Place car parks has been recognised by the Police and the British Parking Association with the prestigious Safer Car Parks Award.
- Charges do not apply on Christmas Day.
- For security reasons staff do not carry change.
- CCTV operates within the car parks.
- Further information regarding car park operations call 01483 755855.
- All roads within Woking town centre are subject to parking restrictions.
- Parking is permitted in marked parking bays. Drivers must display a parking voucher which can be purchased from local shops displaying the logo or a pay and display ticket from the machines on-street.