How to book and pay for Land Charge Searches

How to book and pay for Full Searches

Land Charges Full Search Booking FormBook a Full Land Charge search.

Using the above online booking form, please complete your company details including an email address and then select the questions required. You will automatically be directed to the payment screen to make your payment. We do not accept search requests without payment.

Please note that you will need to pay for the search by Credit or Debit Card once you have completed the on-line form.
If you are not able to do this, you can apply for a search by registering with one of the licensed National Land Information Service (NLIS) channels. Registration is straightforward and offers customers different payment options, such as Direct Debit, Bank Card, Invoice, Bacs and Cheque.

The search results will be emailed to you, usually within 10 working days. If you have any queries please contact Local Land Charges direct on 01483 743035 or email

Back to top

How to book and pay for Personal Searches

Personal Land Charge Search Booking Form
Book and pay for a Personal Land Charge Search

Personal searches can be booked online using the above form. Results will be emailed to you.

A maximum of six personal searches per agent per day may be booked.

A minimum of 24 hours notice is required.

If you require answers to individual questions on the CON29R, these can be booked at the same time as the personal search, but please allow up to five working days for any CON29R questions to be answered. Payment is required in advance by debit/credit card, and the results will be emailed to you. The charges for answers to individual questions on the CON29R question are 3 per sub question eg. 3.7a, 3.9b, etc. The only questions that can be ordered in this way are all parts of 3.7 except e, 3.9, 3.10, 3.12 and 3.15 - please see additional information below regarding the remaining questions.

The charges are based on the budgeted costs of providing the Landcharges service and an estimated number of enquiries. Future charges will be set to ensure that income does not exceed costs over the course of three consecutive years.

Back to top

Additional information

Community Infrastructure Levy -

Asset of community Value -

Question 3.3 Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 has yet to be enacted. Information relating to property SuDS may have been submitted with the relevant planning application which can be viewed on the Councils website.

For new builds, information should be sought from the developer, including clarification on any maintenance responsibilities a property owner may inherit or any maintenance agreements they may be required to fund should any exist through a management company.

Water and Sewerage Companies will normally include a surface water charge in their bills where roof water from a property connects to a public surface water sewer.

Drainage infrastructure serving a single property within the curtilage of that property will be the responsibility of the home owner to maintain, unless directed otherwise.

To complete a CON29R the following information is available:

A property history will be supplied with the personal search results and this covers records regarding Planning history including any Appeals, Building Control history including any Contraventions, TPO's and Enforcement Notices.

Highway/railway/footpath information is available from Surrey County Council. Please contact them direct at:

Surrey County Council
Highways Information Team
LAB Building
Merrow Depot
Merrow Lane

Phone: 0208 541 8924

Woking Borough Council's Local Plan can be viewed on the National Planning Portal via our website at

Information relating to Conservation areas is held on our website at

Woking Borough Council does not hold a Contaminated Land Register as currently there is no land within the borough which has been identified as statutory contaminated land as defined in Section 78A(2) of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

For information about Radon Gas please contact:

Radon Survey
Health Protection Agency
Centre for Radiation, Chemical and Environmental Hazards
Oxon OX11 0RQ

Phone: 01235 822622
Fax: 01235 833891

For information relating to Drainage enquiries please contact:

Thames Water Property Insight
PO Box 3189
Slough SL1 4WW
DX 151280 Slough 13

Phone: 0118 925 1504

More in How to book and pay for Land Charge Searches

Also in Land charges