West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan
The West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan (WBNP) has been prepared by the West Byfleet Neighbourhood Forum for the West Byfleet Neighbourhood Area. If the WBNP becomes part of the Local Plan for Woking it will be used to determine planning applications locally, and will therefore play an important role in helping to achieve sustainable development in the Borough.
Submission and Consultation
West Byfleet Neighbourhood Forum formally submitted their Plan (WBNP) to the Council on 22nd December 2016. In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Woking Borough Council has now published the WBNP and supporting documents for public consultation. The consultation period is between Thursday 26th January and 5pm on Friday 10th March 2017.
The draft WBNP and supporting documents are set out below:
- Draft West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan (WBNP)
- West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (including a map of the Neighbourhood Area)
- West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (including a map of the Neighbourhood Area)
- West Byfleet Neighbourhood Plan Screening Determination
There are a number of ways to submit your comments to the Council:
- By completing the online e-form;
- By emailing your comments to email@example.com;
- By writing to Planning Policy, Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices, Gloucester Square, Woking, GU21 6YL.
Please ensure that you specify the chapter and paragraph of the Plan that each of your comments refers to, and indicate whether you support, support with recommendations, oppose or have other comments on each section of the Plan you refer to.
All representations should be sent to Planning Policy at Woking Borough Council. Please do not send any representations to the West Byfleet Neighbourhood Forum.
If you wish to be notified of the Council's decision on the Plan proposals then please state this within your representation. The contact details within your response will then be used for future communications unless stated otherwise.
The WBNP and supporting documents are also available for inspection at the following locations during the consultation period:
- At Woking Borough Council, Civic Offices (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:45pm)
- At West Byfleet, Byfleet and Woking libraries (please see www.surreycc.gov.uk for opening days and times)
- On the West Byfleet Neighbourhood Forum website (www.wbnf.org)
Please be aware that all comments may be made publically available for the purposes of the Examination, and identifiable by name and organisation (where applicable). Please note that any other personal information provided will be processed by Woking Borough Council in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any questions on the draft Plan proposals, the consultation process or neighbourhood planning in general, please contact Planning Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01483 743871.
The West Byfleet Neighbourhood Forum consulted on their draft Neighbourhood Plan between 11th June and 23rd July 2016.
On the 2nd September 2016 the Council issued a Screening Report in response to a Screening Opinion request from the Forum dated 1st August 2016. Further details can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan Screening Decisions page.