Road closures and diversions
To continue to support the economic growth of Woking Town Centre, it is necessary to carry out essential utilities works, such as installing additional gas and water supplies, to Victoria Way.
Extension to Victoria Way highway works
A series of scheduled highway enhancement works to Victoria Way are to be brought forward to commence from Monday 20 March 2017 for scheduled completion by Thursday 11 May 2017.
- removal of the central reservation along Victoria Way, between Church Street West and Lockfield Drive, to create a new junction enabling road users to turn right into Forge End.
- adaptation to Victoria Way between Church Street West and Victoria Arch to create construction loading and unloading facilities that will minimise future disruption to road users.
- removal of two pedestrian crossings by Toys R Us and the former Woking Market site. These will be replaced with temporary pedestrian crossings.
Victoria Way diversion route: Monday 20 March to Thursday 11 May
- Victoria Way (south-bound carriageway) is reduced to one lane contra-flow only from the junction of Lockfield Drive to Victoria Arch.
- Traffic travelling north-bound is diverted along Goldsworth Road, Church Street West and Forge End onto Victoria Way.
- Church Street West between the junctions of Forge End and Victoria Way are closed to through traffic.
- Diversion route with clear signage in place.
Enhancement works to Chertsey Road
As part of the Woking Integrated Transport Project, scheduled works to Chertsey Road and Duke Street will commence on Monday 27 March 2017 for six weeks.
Chertsey Road will closed between Chertsey House roundabout and Duke Street.
- From the A320, at Chertsey House roundabout turn left onto Stanley Road and continue.
- Bear right onto The Broadway and at the end of the road turn right onto Chertsey Road.
- To join Duke Street turn right at the junction.