Road closures and diversions
To continue to support the economic growth of Woking Town Centre, it is necessary to carry out essential utilities works, such as installing additional gas and water supplies, to Victoria Way. By carrying out these works now, we hope to minimise future disruption to the highway network.
Works update: Victoria Way (west-bound) at Brook House Roundabout has reopened. Thank you for your patience.
Victoria Way to close this weekend: 25 and 26 February
- To enable the safe completion of demolition work to Globe House in Woking Town Centre, it is necessary to close Victoria Way this weekend.
- Victoria Way (south-bound) will be closed between Lockfield Drive and Goldsworth Road from 9pm, Friday 24 February to 5am, Monday 27 February. A diversion route will be in place.
- Due to the closure, drivers will be unable to turn left onto Victoria Way from Cawsey Way/Church Street West.
- The Shoppers Red Car Park spiral exit will remain suspended. Drivers are asked to use the main car park exit.
- Victoria Way (north-bound) will remain closed with a diversion route in place.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause during the duration of these essential works.
Victoria Way diversion route: Monday 6 February to Sunday 19 March*
* The map below does not apply to weekend of 25 and 26 February.
- Victoria Way (south-bound carriageway) will be reduced to one lane contra-flow only from the junction of Lockfield Drive to Victoria Arch.
- Traffic travelling north-bound will be diverted along Goldsworth Road, Church Street West and Forge End onto Victoria Way.
- Church Street West between the junctions of Forge End and Victoria Way will remain closed to through traffic.
- To support the movement of traffic through the diversion, there will be no access to Goldsworth Road from the Morrison's Roundabout.
- Diversion route with clear signage will be in place.