Pollution (including noise)
- Investigate complaints relating to statutory nuisance including noise, smoke, odour, refuse and accumulations, and light
- investigate complaints in relation to private drains
- Identify and authorise prescribed industrial processes that emit pollutants to the atmosphere.
- Monitor local air quality.
- Undertake assessments of the condition of land and ensure appropriate remediation.
- deal with unauthorised gypsy encampments
The Environment Agency also help small businesses navigate through the maze of environmental legislation.