Environmental health service
To protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of local residents, visitors and people who work in the Borough of Woking.
This wide range of services is provided by a team of Environmental Health officers and technical staff with administrative support.
The main service areas are:
- dog control and animal welfare
- environmental control
- food safety and infectious diseases
- health and safety at work
- pest control and
- private sector housing.
Environmental Health also undertake proactive projects to help safeguard the health and safety of the public, including
- Gas safety in catering establishments
- Sunbed premises
- Routine food sampling including foods such as pate, samosas, imported foods and pre packed fruit.
Fees and charges
The Council reviews its fees and charges annually. New fees are payable on 1 April each year.
When you contact the Environmental Health Service we will:
- initially respond to all service requests and complaints within three working days
- provide information and advice
- seek to secure compliance with Environmental Health law informally in the first instance before resorting to formal enforcement and
- take enforcement action in accordance with the Environmental Health Service Enforcement Policy and the principles of good enforcement contained in the Governments 'Enforcement Concordat' to which the Council signed up to in 1998.
Help us to help you
If you have a comment, complaint or suggestion about our service we want to hear it. Feedback from you - whether good or bad - plays a vital part in helping us to improve what we do.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions about how we can provide a better service. If you become aware of anything that you believe is a public health risk or environmental health issue, or which you think we should act upon, please contact us.
Help and information
- We will consider your enquiry promptly.
- We will tell you as soon as possible what we can do to help and what our limitations are.
- We will keep you updated about the progress we are making, especially in cases where enquiries take a long time to resolve.
- Assign an officer to your enquiry and give you their name and contact details.
- Guide you to someone who can help if we are unable to do so ourselves.
Privacy and confidentiality
All contacts between the Environmental Health Service and its customers will be treated in confidence. Your identity will not be revealed if that is your wish.
What to do if things go wrong
At Woking Borough Council we try to give you the best service we can.
If we have done something wrong, we would like to know about it so we can put the matter right. Please contact the Environmental Health Services Manager in the first instance.
For further information, please see the Council's complaints procedure.