Building Control Service
Our role is to:
- protect people in and around buildings
- to promote energy efficiency
- to promote access.
Our aims and objectives
We aim to:
- ensure safe, accessible and energy efficient new buildings
- provide an efficient and cost effective service.
To achieve this, our objectives are to:
- ensure all applications are processed promptly within five to eight weeks
- process all enquiries within three working days
- undertake all requests for inspection within 24 hours
- provide high quality application advice
- work in partnership with other regulatory services e.g. the Fire Service to improve customer care and provide a more integrated approach.
To see our charters, click on the links below:
Fees and charges
All fees and charges are reviewed annually, with new charges taking effect from 1 April each year.
If you have an enquiry concerning the Building Regulation charge please contact us.
In addition to the above, administration charges are payable in respect of undertaking research and producing copies of documents.