Appeal ref: APP/A3655/W/20/3265969 (Appeal A): land south of Kingfield Road and east of Westfield Avenue, Westfield, Woking, Surrey GU22 9PF
Appeal ref: APP/A3655/W/20/3265974 (Appeal B): land south of Hoe Valley School and east of railway tracks, Egley Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 0NH
Planning inquiry information
The Planning Inspectorate will be holding an inquiry into the Woking Football Club Stadium and associated developments planning appeals starting on Monday 10 May 2021.
Draft inquiry timetable
(Based on initial time estimates from the Appellant and Rule 6 Parties, together with Inspector’s assumption of probable/likely Council timings, and assuming inquiry sessions of about 1½ to 2 hours each. On Monday afternoons there will be two sessions – about 1.30pm to 3pm and 3.30pm to 5pm; with three sessions on other days – roughly 9.30am to 11am; 11.30am to 1pm; and 2pm to 3.30/4pm.)
- Monday 10 May – 1.30pm – Inquiry opens. Inspector’s opening announcements/ opening statements from appellant, Council, and Rule 6 Parties (SWAG & HVNF); statements from interested persons. Adjourn about 5pm.
- Tuesday 11 May – Statements from interested persons (cont)/HVNF evidence/ Council’s first witness (Mr Lewis – Transport & Parking).
- Wednesday 12 May – Council’s second witness (Mr Rainier).
- Thursday 13 May – Council’s second witness (Mr Rainier - cont);SWAG first witness (Mr Caulfield)/SWAG second witness (Mrs Bowes)/SWAG third witness (Mr Jarman)/Appellant’s first witness (Mr Gold - background to schemes - start).
- Friday 14 May – Appellant’s first witness (Mr Gold – background to schemes - cont)/Appellant’s second witness (Mr Bittleston - background to schemes)/ Appellant’s third witness (Mr Gilham - Architecture & Design - part).
- Monday 17 May – 1.30pm – Appellant’s third witness (Mr Gilham - Architecture & Design - cont)/Appellant’s fourth witness (Mr Dunford – Daylight - part).
- Tuesday 18 May - Appellant’s fourth witness (Mr Dunford – Daylight - cont)/ Appellant’s fifth witness (Mr Southwell – Transport & Parking)/Appellant’s sixth witness(Mr Collins – Planning);
- Wednesday 19 May – Round table sessions on planning obligations and conditions.
- Thursday 20 May – Closing submissions by the parties – firstly any interested persons, then the Rule 6 Parties (SWAG and HVNF), then the Council, and finally the Appellant (Note – there could be a later start than 9.30am on this day, if necessary, to allow advocates more time to complete closing submissions).
- Friday 21 May – Spare.
The appeal names and references are as follows:
- Appeal ref: APP/A3655/W/20/3265969 (Appeal A): land south of Kingfield Road and east of Westfield Avenue, Westfield, Woking, Surrey GU22 9PF
- Appeal ref: APP/A3655/W/20/3265974 (Appeal B): land south of Hoe Valley School and east of railway tracks, Egley Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 0NH
To view documents associated with these appeals, visit the Planning Portal and use the above names and references using the search function.
Planning inquiry documents
We are in the process of publishing the planning inquiry documents online.
To date, we have publish a large proportion. The remaining document will be published soon.