If you’re a Woking resident and a ‘blue badge’ holder, parking in Woking’s town centre car parks is free of charge if you have applied for and received a car park access card, known as a ‘proximity card’.
The car park proximity card card automatically opens the car park’s barriers on entry and exit.
For anyone living outside the borough there is a charge of £50 per year or part thereof.
How to apply
To apply, you will need to:
- provide proof of residence dated within the previous three months, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
- a copy of both sides of your blue badge.
This concession is only available to blue badge holders present in the vehicle, whether they are the driver or a passenger. It’s an offence for the card to be used by anyone without the blue badge holder being present. If caught disobeying this condition, the concessionary proximity card will be withdrawn.
Disabled parking spaces
Extra wide disabled persons’ car park spaces next to the lifts are located in the following Woking town centre car parks:
- Shoppers’ Blue car park: 20 spaces on levels 1, 2 and 3
- Shoppers’ Yellow car park: 12 spaces on levels 2 and 3
- Victoria Way car park: 19 spaces on the ground floor and level 4
- Heathside Crescent car park: 4 spaces on level 2
Renewing your permit
The proximity card is valid for one year, which will expire on the same date as your blue badge.
The cost of your first card may be less than the usual annual amount, if the issue expiry date is less than 12 months. However, if required, payment can be made in advance for the full term of the blue badge.