High quality open spaces located throughout the regeneration area will create a strong network of public amenity spaces easily accessible to the community.
These will include the enhancement of the existing woodland running adjacent to the Basingstoke Canal towpath and the redevelopment of several existing areas of amenity grassland to provide pocket parks.
New centralised public open spaces will act as community hubs and define each neighbourhood.
- New central park featuring pedestrian/cycle routes, cafe, play area, Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) and water feature.
- Linear park running north to south through the heart of the development connecting the central park with the canal.
- Series of 'pocket parks' that combine opportunities for play, community productive growing and educational activities.
- Pedestrian-only 'green streets' designed to create delightful walking routes incorporating incorporating play areas, rain gardens, seating and planting.
- A fully accessible Central Square creating a focal point for the community that will engage all age groups and support a wide range of recreational activities, such as relaxing, play, exercise, community productive growing and education.