To apply to join the housing register you need to complete an application form.
You can obtain an application form in one of the following ways:
- download the form, sign and return it by post, or by hand to the Civic Offices
- visit the Civic Offices and picking up a copy from reception
- email email@example.com
- phone 01483 755 855.
Documents to submit with your application
You must provide all of the relevant documents when returning your completed application form to us.
- Proof of identity for all household members who need to be rehoused with you. Accepted documents include: valid passports, photo driving licences, and birth certificates. Copies will be accepted but the original documents will need to be seen before you are housed.
- Proof of your current address for all persons on your application. Accepted documents include a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Evidence of your household income, including any benefits received. We require copies of three consecutive months or five consecutive weekly payslips, or your benefits letters.
- Your most recent tenancy agreement.
- Your notice of eviction.
- Proof that you no longer have a financial or legal interest in any previously owned properties and details of any equity received. Accepted document is the property completion statement.
- If you are not a British citizen, evidence of your right to reside in the UK. Accepted documents include a valid passport and other relevant documents provided by the Home Office.
- Proof of employment if you work in the Woking area but do not live in the borough.
All documents must be up to date and valid. Depending on your circumstances you may be asked to submit other documents to support your application.
A full list of acceptable documents can be found on the housing register application form.
Please note: If you do not provide us with the required documents, your application will be rejected.