Local health provision
- To find out more about local health services, contact the National Health Service.
Tel 0207 210 4850
- For details of local health related voluntary organisations, contact Surrey County Council.
Tel 0845 6 009 009
- 'What you can expect from the NHS today' is a free booklet which is available in several languages. You can also order this booklet for people with learning disabilities or an audio cassette recording or a Braille version of the text for blind or visually-impaired people.
Tel Freephone 0800 555777
Woking Community Hospital
staff work closely with local GPs, hospitals, Community Nurses, Social Services and Woking Borough Council. Woking Community Hospital has been designed to provide local people with a comprehensive, easily accessible range of health care services set in a relaxed environment in the centre of Woking including:
- Dental Access Centre
Provides dental treatment for emergency cases, a full course of dental treatment under the NHS and referral to a NHS dentist. Dental treatment is not free and costs are charged as per the NHS dental treatment costs.
Tel 01483 721546.
- Family Planning and Well-Woman Clinics
A team of doctors and nurses will advise on family planning, sexual problems, marital problems and health education. The team is also able to provide emergency contraception.
- The Community Hospital also has two specialist wards to care for both male and female patients who are over 65 years old and have medical problems.
- Community Hospital Walk-in Centre and Minor Injuries Unit
Qualified Nurse Practitioners are readily available to see and deal with a wide range of minor injuries and health ailments including: simple fractures, cuts and lacerations, dislocations, spots and rashes, simple medical problems, emergency contraception etc. The Centre does not replace local GP or hospital services but complements existing local services. No appointment is necessary.
Woking Community Hospital, Heathside Road, Woking GU22 7HS
Tel 01483 715911