Housing Assistance Policy
In addition to the mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG), the Housing Assistance Policy provides a number of discretionary grants funded by the Council, for those cases where the DFG may not be sufficient or appropriate to meet your needs.
Homelink can advise whether you would be eligible for any of these funding options:
- Discretionary DFG - to help those who are in receipt of a mandatory DFG where there may be some additional aids or adaptations required that do not fall within the mandatory eligible works.
- Disabled Top Up Grant - to provide top-up funding where the cost of works being funded by DFG exceeds the maximum £30,000 allowable.
- Fast Tracked DFG - a non means tested grant for provision of a stair lift, shower adaptation or access work.
- Palliative Care Grant - to fast track requests for aids and adaptations for those residents who wish to return to or remain in their home.
- Safe at Home Assistance - to meet the reasonable costs of small scale essential repairs or improvements necessary to rectify health or safety hazards within the home.
- Warm at Home Assistance - for energy efficiency improvements in the home.
Homelink can be contacted by: