Specialist and fully trained staff
All staff are trained to a high level on how to safeguard children and young people as well as a range of other areas such as domestic abuse, alcohol and drug misuse, SEND, debt management, parental conflict, attachment theory and child development.
Staff are trained to use screening tools to identify domestic abuse, child exploitation and neglect offering:
- parenting support
- support for parents to have healthy relationships
- advice and support on keeping children safe
- family learning sessions to help support children's learning at home
- advice and support on mental health and wellbeing
- advice and information about helping families eat better and move more
- help for families to find clothes, equipment, books and toys for their children.
Free courses and workshops
Welcome to the world
Free, eight week course for expectant parents. The sessions will cover:
- recognising own emotional health
- thinking about the future as parents, a couple and a family
- understanding of the benefits of breastfeeding
- practical tasks of caring for a baby.
Parenting and family workshops
To support you and your family, we offer the following free virtual workshops:
- dental workshop
- healthy lifestyles
- chatterbox, child speech and language
- parenting tips and strategies.
Parenting puzzle programme
This tried and tested programme can help you deal with challenges so you have a calmer, family life. The course covers:
- recognising feelings behind behaviours
- different approaches to discipline
- cooperation and self-discipline
- the importance of looking after ourselves.
Parent wellbeing group
This support group is for parents to chat about how they are feeling, receive support and help families feel less isolated. Come along for a friendly chat. Free creche spaces are also available.
For more information, please call 01483 743812.
Young parents' group
Young parents under 21 years old are invited to attend our free young parents group. You can meet other young mums and dads and have some fun. We will provide:
- craft activities
- song / rhyme time
- outdoor fun
We also offer support and information to help with parenting and family life. If you travel by bus we will reimburse your fare.
Special, Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) group for parents and carers
Free support group for parents and carers with children aged 0 to 16 with pre or diagnosed SEND. The course will cover topics like:
- back to school and discussions around EHCPs
- boundaries and useful parenting tools
- accessing useful websites and other support networks
- support on applying for DLA and other funding options.
Healthy cook and eat classes
Free, six week healthy cooking course for you and your family. The course covers:
- nutrition basics
- budgeting and meal planning portion sizes
- understanding food labelling
- chossing and eating your five-a-day
- healthy food swaps and ‘fake aways’.
Classes are face-to-face and virtual but ingredients and recipes will be dropped off to you prior.
English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) classes for beginners
Improve your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills all for free. Lessons take place twice a week during term times and are suitable for all ages.
You will need to attend an assessment day at Woking College to make sure you are placed in the right class suited for you to excel. Please bring your passport or another form of ID along with you as well as any relevant benefit papers.
A creche facility is available on request.
Free 5 week course for parents of teenagers. Sessions will cover:
- Improving relationships
- reducing conflict and stress in the home
- increasing confidence in talking about difficult issues
- understanding teenage development and needs.
Free weekly play and learn sessions for parents and carers of children aged between 0 and 5 years old at St Mary’s Centre for the Community Byfleet.
Keeping your child in mind
A programme for parents and carers that focusses on relationships within the family and the influence of parental relationships on children.
The course covers:
- appropriate expectations
- boundaries and positive discipline
- understanding empathy.
Find out more and how to sign up
Get in touch with us to find out dates, further event information and to
Phone: 01483 743 812