LAST UPDATE: 8 April 2020
The Government has expanded the retail discount scheme to provide 100% business rates relief for the current year 2020 to 2021 for the following premises
- Shops, restaurants, cafes, pubs and drinking establishments, cinemas, bingo halls and live music venues
- Sports, assembly and leisure premises
- Hotels, guest and boarding houses, holiday accommodation, caravan parks
- Nurseries on Ofsted’s Early Years Register
- Estate agents, letting agents, betting shops
We have updated the business rates accounts for the relevant businesses and notifications have been sent out. Any account that has been identified as being entitled to this relief will not have a direct debit collected in April 2020.
If you believe your business qualifies for retail discount and have not received a revised bill, please contact our business rates team. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where business rates are still due, payments will be taken as normal.
Business owners who have difficulties paying, should contact the business rates team to arrange a revised payment plan. Email: email@example.com
The Government has announced business grants of £10,000 or £25,000 to qualifying small businesses and some businesses in receipt of business rates retail discount.
We are currently writing to businesses which quality.