This page describes the procedure for checking and reporting problems with your television reception to us. This only applies to Council tenants whose TV reception is provided by a communal aerial (for example, in flats and maisonettes).
If you have been using the communal system but it stops working:
If the communal aerial system is faulty we will repair it, but you should ensure first that it is not because of your own TV equipment.
Please conduct the following checks first:
- Is the TV plugged in and switched on?
- Are all connections to the TV equipment in place?
- Is the aerial cable securely plugged into the aerial socket and TV?
- If you are using a set-top box, for example a Freeview box, please make sure the SCART leads are completely pushed into the TV and box.
- Try unplugging the equipment for a few minutes, then plug it back in.
If none of the above fixes the problem with your TV reception, then please report the problem to us. Please visit the New Vision Homes website where you can find the contact details for reporting a repair.
The repairs service will need the following information from you:
- Is there any picture or sound? If so, what quality?
- Is there sound but no picture, or picture with no sound?
- Are your neighbours having the same problem?
- Are all channels affected, or only some channels?
If an engineer attends and discovers the problem is with your TV equipment and not with the communal aerial, then we may charge you for the call-out, so it is important that you follow the steps above before contacting repairs.